OFFICIAL COMPETITION RULES
Please read these rules before entering the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Tournament 2010 Ladder Contest (the â€śLadder Contestâ€ť). By entering and participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements in paragraph 1 below.
1. Eligibility. BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC., (REFERED TO HEREIN AS â€śSPONSORâ€ť); IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE: (i) OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, AND SINGAPORE (ii) WHO ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF THE STATES OF NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, CONNECTICUT, OR MARYLYAND IN THE UNITED STATES; OR RESIDENTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN STATES OF VICTORIA, QUEENSLAND OR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY ("ENTRANTS"). If you are under the legal age of majority in your country of residence (a "Minor"), one of your parents or legal guardians must read and agree to these Contest rules on behalf of you and themselves in order to win a prize. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited. Participants must have a Battle.net account which includes an associated valid email address to be eligible for the Ladder Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the email address provided to Sponsor by Entrant. In the event of any dispute, entries containing an invalid email address will be deemed ineligible.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, Prize Suppliers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
3. Contest Period. The Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Tournament 2010 Ladder Contest shall commence on May 3, 2010 and shall continue in duration through May 17, 2010 at 12:00 p.m. PDT (the "Deadline"). Thereafter, Sponsor shall distribute invitations to the players who qualify for the regional LAN tournament competitions, which shall occur at a time and place to be determined by Sponsor.
4. How to Enter and Determination of Winners.
- Regional Contests. The dates and times of the Regional Contests will be contained in notices that Sponsor will distribute to the qualifying players. Each of the Regional Contests will be held on a Local Access Network, and in accordance with and under the same rules as the Ladder Contest. The entrants who qualify for the Regional contests will compete in a "best 2 out 3 games" elimination format to determine the winner.
Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). STATE, LOCAL TAXES, INCLUDING VAT TAXES WHICH ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- Regional Contestants. Each entrant that qualifies for a Regional tournament will win a trip to the Regional Tournament that includes round trip coach air fare from the regional airport nearest the qualifying playerâ€™s residence to the site of the Regional Tournament which the entrant has qualified for, as well as two (2) nights lodging at a hotel of Sponsorâ€™s choice, meals and ground transportation. The approximate retail price of this prize package is estimated at no less than $1,500.00, depending upon the cost of travel for the entrant to attend the Regional Tournament. Additionally,
- Third Place Winner. The entrant who places third in their respective Regional Tournament shall receive a prize package consisting of a check in the amount of $1,000.00 U.S.
- The entrant who places second in their respective Regional Tournament shall receive a prize package consisting of a check in the amount of $2,000.00 U.S.
- First Place Winner. The entrant who places first in their respective Regional Tournament shall receive a prize package consisting of a check in the amount of $5,000.00 U.S.
*All cash prizes will be paid in U.S. currency. Winners will be required to complete and submit to Sponsor an IRS form W-8 or W-9 to receive a cash prize.
6. Sponsor Ownership of Entries. All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any Entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph 6.
7. Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
8. Collection of Information. The Entry Materials include a survey that requires you to enter your name, email address, and state of residence. This information will only be used to contact you in the event that you are chosen to receive a prize. Sponsor will not sell, rent or otherwise transfer this information to any third party, nor will Sponsor use this information for marketing purposes without your consent. As stated above, the Contest is not open to Minors without the express consent of a parent or legal guardian. In the event that you are under the age of thirteen (13) years and submit Entry Materials to Sponsor, Sponsor will delete, erase or destroy any and all personally identifiable information that is obtained from the Entry Materials following the conclusion of the Contest.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, Prize Suppliers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
11. Winners List; Rules Request. A list of winners will be posted at www.battle.net no later than November, 30, 2010. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after November 30, 2010 and before February 28, 2011 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Tournament 2010 Ladder Contest - Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Tournament Ladder Contest - Rules Request. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
12. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright Â© 2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and its respective licensors. All rights are reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. Sponsor reserves the right to patch or update Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne at any time to fix bugs, change balance, or add features as deemed appropriate by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, without suspending or canceling the Contest. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other Entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to email@example.com or send written questions to: Warcraft III Tournament Ladder Contest c/o Blizzard Entertainment eSports Department, P.O Box 18979, Irvine CA 92623.
14. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., c/o Blizzard Entertainment P.O Box 18979, Irvine CA 92623.