Welcome to the StarCraft Compendium, the consolidated source for official StarCraft news, strategies, Maps,
updates, FAQs, and whatever else we can think of.
What's the latest?
May 19, 2007
StarCraft II Unveiled!
We're pleased to announce our latest project: StarCraft II! The epic interplanetary battle between the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg will take on new dimensions in this sequel to the classic real-time strategy original. With new units and functionality for each race, upgrades to several familiar units, and a powerful 3D engine that supports explosive fast-paced combat between massive armies, StarCraft II will be the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
Highlights of StarCraft II include:
- Tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
- New units and gameplay mechanics that further distinguish the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg races
- An all-new 3D engine that supports fast-paced play with realistic physics, massive units, and massive army sizes
- A groundbreaking single-player campaign that continues the epic StarCraft story
- A powerful map editor that puts the tools used by the game's designers into the hands of players
We'll be revealing much more information about our plans for StarCraft II in the months ahead, so please stay tuned to www.starcraft2.com for the latest updates. In the meantime, you can check out the announcement press release here for further details.
May 18, 2007
Custom StarCraft League Functionality Now Available
We have added new functionality to Battle.net that allows players to organize and join custom StarCraft leagues. These leagues support stat-tracking,
custom icons, and replay uploading, among other features. Check out our StarCraft League page
for more information on how to join a league or start your own.
What the heck are those green hyperlinks?
On some browsers you may notice scattered
around the Compendium. Clicking one of these will open a pop-up window with images, definitions, or other comments.
Please read the Compendium F.A.Q. as your
question might already be answered.