Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
News
Basics
Classes
Skills
Items
Monsters
NPCs
Quests
Shrines
Maps
F.A.Q.
Files
Battle.net
Item Basics | Normal Items | Exceptional Items | Elite Items | Socketed Items | Gems | Jewels | Runes | Rune Words | Magic Items | Magic Prefixes and Suffixes | Crafted Items | Set Items | Unique Items | Charms | The Horadric Cube | Items Index

Crafted Items

Crafted items are similar to rare items, but cannot be Gambled, dropped by Monsters or found in Chests. They can only be created with The Horadric Cube. Crafted Items are a form of Gambling for high level players or "hardcore" players. These serious players can have the ingredients and time to create a good Crafted Item. Crafted Items have the potential to be better than Rare Items and possibly certain Set or Unique Items.

Items in Orange are Crafted Items.

Crafted Items have 3-4 Fixed Properties
Each Crafted Item has one or more fixed properties. For example, there are some Crafted Items guaranteed to have from 5-10% Chance of Crushing Blow. Often the Fixed Properties are not available normally on Magic or Rare Items. It's also nice to be able to create an item knowing which fixed magical bonuses are going to always appear which is not the case with Magic or Rare Items.

Crafted Items have 1-4 Random Magical Prefixes/Suffixes
On top of those fixed properties, a Crafted Item can have from 1-4 standard Rare and Magic Prefix and Suffixes. These are generated pretty much the same way as a Rare item.

At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.

When you Craft an item it loses all of its original Magical Prefixes/Suffixes. Creating a Crafted Item is just like the Imbue quest reward in that it takes the base item, and creates a new one with new properties.

The Level Requirement of crafted items will be higher than that of a rare item even if they have the same random prefixes/suffixes.

Crafted Items are pretty much a free shot of creating a Rare Item. You don't know if you'll get a "good" item since the bonuses are random but you do have a better chance than trying to find a Rare Item or Gambling for a Rare Item.

Because Crafted Items have fixed stats you have much more control over what magical bonuses will appear as opposed to finding or Gambling a Rare Item.

You can stack the "fixed" Magical Prefixes/Suffixes with regular Magical Prefixes/Suffixes that can appear on Rare Items to create bonuses that are much higher than would normally appear on a Rare Item. Note: this does not mean you will keep the Magical Bonuses on the item you place in the cube, this simply means that it's possible to combine the "fixed" Crafted Bonuses with normal Magic Prefixes and Suffixes.

To determine which pre- and suffixes can spawn on the Crafted Item the affix level has to be calculated. All pre- and suffixes with a level up to the calculated affix level can spawn on the Crafted Item.

The basis for the calculation of the affix level is the item level. The ilvl of a Crafted Item is equal to half the level of the crafting character (rounded down) plus half the ilvl of the input item (rounded down). Put another way:

(1) ilvl = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * ilvl)
The ilvl calculated in (1) has to undergo two checks and possible modifications. First, ilvl is capped at 99:

(2) if ilvl > 99 then ilvl = 99
Then qlvl and ilvl are compared. The higher number is used for further calculations:

(3) if qlvl > ilvl then ilvl = qlvl
The final step is to determine the affix level. If the ilvl is smaller than 99 int(qlvl/2) then the affix level is ilvl int(qlvl/2). Otherwise the affix level is ilvl*2 99:

(4) if ilvl < (99 int(qlvl/2)= then affix level = ilvl - int(qlvl/2) else affix level = ilvl * 2 - 99.
It's also worth noting that the ilvl, the quality and the properties of the jewel are completely irrelevant and don't affect the outcome at all.

Example

The Blood Weapon Recipe is used to craft a Berserker Axe (qlvl = 86) that was dropped by a monster in the Worldstone Tower in hell difficulty (ilvl = 85). The character used for crafting has level 78 (clvl = 78).

First, ilvl has to be calculated: ilvl = int(.5 * 78) + int(.5 * 85) = 39 + 42 = 81.

Then it's checked if the calculated ilvl is higher than 99. This is not the case, so ilvl remains 81. But qlvl 86 is higher than ilvl 81, so the ilvl is set to 86.

Finally, the affix level can be determined: Since 86 is not smaller than (99 - int(86 / 2)) = 56 the affix level is ilvl * 2 - 99, in our example 86 * 2 - 99 = 73.

So all pre- and suffixes with a level up to 73 can spawn on the Crafted Item.

Note: Since the qlvl of amulets is 1 the term int(qlvl/2) is always 0, so the affix level is effectively determined by ilvl, so affix level = ilvl = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * ilvl).

Crafted Item Formulae
Place the listed Ingredients in the Horadric Cube and Transmute them. The ingredients must be exact, using the listed exact piece of Armor or Weapon.

For more questions and answers look at the bottom of this page.

The following complete list of Crafted Formulae require Diablo II: LOD v1.10

Hit Power Items
Blood Items
Caster Items
Safety Items

The Crafted Recipe did not work
Make sure you use a Magic item, if it says Magic. Make sure you use the correct item type. If it's looking for a Belt, it's looking for the specific item "Belt" not any kind of Belt. It doesn't matter if the jewel is magic, rare, or even unique. They all work. If it doesn't work, you are probably doing something wrong. Make sure you have read all of the requirements.

Some Crafted Recipes were in the game for a time but have since been removed or changed.



Online Privacy Policy
Battle.net Terms of Use Agreement
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved.

Exit

Previous

Next