Tech support does not support triggers. Check either the help file that comes with the
editor for answers to trigger questions.
- Exactly how do the custom AI scripts work?
- Can I write my own AI scripts?
- What do I do for Installation levels?
- How do the "Set player to ally" and "Set player to enemy" scripts work?
- Can you elaborate a little on the Insane scripts?
- Can you elaborate on the Brood War Custom AI scripts?
- How often and in what order do triggers fire?
- How long does it take for a trigger action to take place?
- Can you apply properties (cloaked, irradiated, etc.) with a Trigger?
- What are Switches?
- Can I use programming constructs like "if-then-else" or "do-while" loops?
- What about variables and constants?
- Will future Blizzard Entertainment titles use the Trigger system?
- Can I enter Triggers in a text file and import them?
- How do I get doors to open?
- How do I make installation traps work?
- Can I use the "Set doodad state" Action on other doodads like trees and space platform fans?
- Why can't I create doodads with Triggers?
- How exactly does the Give Units to Player trigger work?
- What good is the Set Deaths action?
- Why do extra units appear when I try to make units appear for a player?
- How does the "Change Alliance" action work? Can I use it on a human player?
- How does the "Preserve Trigger" action affect a trigger?
- How do I create a generic Terran Marine hero that won't say, "Jimmy here"?
- Can I edit or make my own portraits?
- Can I make my own heroes?
- Will I ever be able to add my own units?
- Are you planning on adding a War2-style sound editor?
- Why can't I modify all unit statistics, like firing range and movement speed?
- How do I change the advisor portrait like you did at the end of the Protoss campaign?
- Why can't I add splash screens through the editor?
- What exactly is the difference between the editor used by Blizzard to create the StarCraft and Brood War campaigns and the retail version of StarEdit?
- Why are Locations square instead of isometric like the tiles?
- Will there be a patch that allows for smaller brush sizes?
- Can I pre-load transports and bunkers?
- What are Forces and why do I need them?
- Can I set the starting colors for each player on a custom map?
- Can you make units rescuable only for a certain player?
- How do I give units initial orders (Move, Attack, Patrol)?
- How do I start with my Terran buildings flying? Zerg units burrowed?
- How can I have a single player control more than one species?
- What happened to the Compact option?
- Why can't we use the "set next scenario" trigger in multi-player games?
- What can we expect to see in future versions of StarEdit?
- I have a great idea for a map, but it REQUIRES a Trigger that ________!
- How do I create Observer slots for my maps?
- I had a map open, then I moved the SCM file, and now StarEdit says it can't save my file. Why?
- I have a map that crashes when I press Start in the Mission Briefing. Why?
- What are the currently known bugs in StarEdit?
- Why do my briefings show so fast and end so quickly?
- How can I get my map "Blizzard Approved"?
- What are the power-ups for?
- I made a new map, but none of my Triggers are working and/or none of the units I placed are showing up.
- My Display Text trigger isn't displaying text, but I know the Trigger is firing! What's up?
- Some of the doodads, like ramps, are hard to place. Any tips?
- I made a map, and as soon as I start to play it I win. Why?
- How do I prevent the "Unit Unplaceable" error when using Create Unit?
- Why can't I remove specific Map Revealers on my map?
©2017 Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved.