Hit Points: 60
Cost: 100 50
Build Time: 40
Infested Command Center
Infested Command Center
Base Ground Attack: 500es
Base Air Attack: N/A
Base Armor: 0
Production Hot Key: I
Zerg Queens have the ability to infest severely damaged Terran Command Centers, saturating them
with parasitic bio-toxins. Once the Command Center is fully infested, its previous occupants can
be turned into mindless suicide soldiers capable of mass destruction known as the Infested Terrans.
The infested victims of the Zerg are completely consumed by the will of the Overmind. Their bodies twisted and mutated to produce extremely unstable chemicals,
infested soldiers long only to find the Swarm's enemies and destroy them by detonating their own
bodies in a cloud of toxic fluid. As with other Zerg ground units, an Infested Terran also has
the ability to Burrow.
The Infested Terrans have the capability to inflict up to 500 points of explosive splash damage
to any unit or structure. To reach their full destructive potential, an Infested Terran must be commanded to target a specific
unit or structure, but they can also be commanded to target an area within the proximity of several
units or structures. The splash damage from the exploding Infested Terran will cause massive damage to all nearby targets.
Although their kamikaze attacks can cause quite a bit of damage, they must be able to reach their targets
in order to inflict harm. Should they be destroyed en route before their internal toxins can properly
detonate, the Infested Terrans simply die without inflicting any of the damage they normally unleash. To avoid wasting
the resources spent to create them, Infested Terrans should be used as stealthily as possible to gain access to critical enemy structures. Overlords
can transport 8 of them at a time, and with a successful insertion into the enemy's rear lines an Overlord full of Infested Terran cargo can quickly
devastate the heart of an enemy's base.
Infested Terrans have no anti-air attack capability and therefore require either a diversion to be successful
or an escort of some sort to provide protection during their attack runs. The Infested Terrans need to explode right
next to the target makes one particularly vulnerable to ranged attacks and if an enemy ranged attack force is large
enough, Infested Terrans will have a very difficult time doing any harm.
- Stimpacked Marines can put a quick end to any incoming Infested Terrans. (Note that Bunkers do not provide a very good defense
against Infested Terrans unless heavily supported by Tanks or additional Bunkers.)
- Siege Tanks can put a stop to Infested Terrans before they can come within range to actually destroy anything.
- Wraiths and Battlecruisers can attack Infested Terrans with complete impunity and should do so whenever the opportunity arises.
- Science Vessels with Irradiate can kill Infested Terrans before they have the chance to start their attack run.
- Large numbers of Dragoons with the Singularity Charge upgrade can destroy Infested Terrans before they can come within range to do harm.
- The High Templar's Psionic Storm can easily stop Infested Terrans in their tracks.
- Scouts and Carriers can attack Infested Terrans with complete impunity.
- Reavers can eliminate Infested Terrans before they can approach close enough to destroy anything.
- The Dark Archon's Maelstrom can immobilize Infested Terrans. Infested Terrans can also be taken over completely with Mind Control.
- Masses of Hydralisks with the Grooved Spines upgrade can eliminate Infested Terrans from a distance.
- Mutalisks and Guardians can destroy Infested Terrans from the air.
- Queens can use Spawn Broodling to instantly destroy any incoming Infested Terran.
Level 1 -
Level 2 -
Level 3 -
Each upgrade adds +1 to the Carapace for a total of +3 when fully upgraded.
©2017 Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved.